In a challenging retail environment it helps to have a great team on your side
Smart Asset Managers helps retail property owners with…
- Administration Management – keeping track of income & expenses, producing annual outgoings budgets and capex projections
- Rent Arrears – ensuring all rent arrears are promptly addressed
- Lease Management – making sure your property continues to have tenant/s, rent invoicing and receipting, handling rent reviews and proactively handling any disputes that arise
- Facilities Management – looking after building operations & maintenance, ensuring workplace health & safety meets required standards, disaster planning/recovery
- Upgrade Project Management – where a commercial property requires refurbishing or repositioning (including for example social media promotion, LED signage, property presentation)
What our clients say…
Contact us about the Management of your Retail Property in Wynnum
Wynnum is a suburb of Brisbane located 25km east of the Brisbane CBD. It is a part of the Brisbane local government area (the Wynnum Manly ward). It borders the suburbs of Manly and Manly West to the south, Wynnum West and Hemmant to the east and Lytton to the north. It is well connected to the motorway network with the nearby Port of Brisbane motorway connecting to the Gateway Motorway and the Pacific Motorway, allowing fast access to both Brisbane airport and the Port of Brisbane.
The first Europeans to come to the area settled at the mouth of Wynnum Creek, to the north of the centre of Wynnum, with growth of the local population spurred by the construction of a railway line from Brisbane to Wynnum in the 1880s. Wynnum Shire Council was created in 1902, becoming its own town council in 1914. In 1925 Wynnum was merged into Brisbane City Council.
The name Wynnum is believed to be derived from the Aboriginal (Durubalic) word for the Pandanus tree and/or from the word for mud crab.
The main retail precinct is Wynnum Central, which is currently undergoing revitalisation with a number of new residential developments completed in the last few years. Bay Terrace in Wynnum Central is attracting a growing number of bars and restaurants and a new multi-screen cinema is due to open in 2021 in Berrima Street, opposite The Waterloo Bay Hotel.
Wynnum Plaza is a mid-sized shopping centre located nearby in Wynnum West. It is due to undergo a major facelift over the next few years. A number of other smaller shopping centres and precincts are located around Wynnum, including the Wynnum West Shopping Centre and the entertainment precinct in nearby Manly.
Wynnum Fast Facts
- Population – 14,036
- Private Dwellings – 6,062
- Families – 3,882
- Average People/Household – 2.4
- Median Weekly Household Income – $1,887
- Median Monthly Mortgage Repayment – $2,167
- Median Weekly Rent – $400
- Average Motor Vehicles/Dwelling – 1.8
- Median Age – 43
- Participation in labour force – 7,538
Data is drawn from: ABS 2021 Census